South African Airways is a highly esteemed airline which was founded in 1934. Thus, South African Airways operates from a hub at OR Tambo International Airport (JNB) and has designated Cape Town International Airport (CPT) and King Shaka International Airport (DUR) as focus cities. Hence, this extraordinary and exquisite airline flies and covers to about 40 destinations, of which five are popular domestic regions. Also, Its international destinations include Africa, Europe, Asia, Oceania, North America, and South America.
Thus, Airline Helpline is a platform where one can avail cheap airline deals and discounted offers. A passenger can directly approach us on the customer service number 1-877-391-6188 and apart from availing cheap airline deals, a passenger can approach us for flight cancellations, online check-in, flight status, seat up-gradation and more!
Things to Keep in Mind Before Boarding South African Airways
- Baggage Policy
Carry on Allowance
Thus, It is compulsory that all the carry on luggage should be able to fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. The carry on bag should meet the below requirements
- Hence, 45 linear in/115 cm (length + width + height)
- Also, maximum weight should be 8 kgs
Checked- baggage Allowance
Thus, passengers traveling to/from Canada and the U.S.:
- Thus, baggage Allowance only 2 pieces
- Nonetheless, maximum dimensions: 62 linear inches/157 cm (length + width + height)
- Maximum Weight for Economy Class passengers: 23kg
- Maximum Weight for First and Business Class passengers should be 32 kg
Passengers traveling in most other destinations:
- Hence, maximum Weight for Economy Class Passengers is 20 kg total
- Maximum Weight for Business Class Passengers is 30 kg total
- Therefore, maximum Weight for First Class Passengers is 40 kg total
Web Check-in Policy
Hence, today one can check-in online and they don’t have to stand in long lines. Check-in can be done by the comfort of one’s home, office or even a café! Thus, one can easily and promptly check-in 24 hours before the flight is scheduled to depart.
There are certain requirements for online check-in
- Thus, four hours should be kept in mind for USA flights
- Three hours for regional and international flights
- Also, two hours for all domestic flights
One has availed cheap airline deals and cheap airline tickets. However, there is an instance where one needs to cancel these tickets. Thus, one should call us and do so. However, there is a cancellation fee of $200 plus taxes for domestic travel and a fee of $300 plus taxes for international travel.
Other Important Policies of South African Airways
The infant policy allows for passengers to carry their infant ( below two years of age) on their lap. A seat will not have to be purchased for the infant. However, the airline should be informed beforehand. In case a passenger is traveling with more than two infants, then a seat will have to be purchased for the second child.
In case of international travel, a child is charged 10% of the adult fare plus taxes.
The Minor Policy
Thus, every airline has essentially an unaccompanied minor service. Children below five cannot travel alone at all without an adult. Those children aged between five to eleven are called minors and it is compulsory for them avail the unaccompanied minor service. The unaccompanied minor service aids and takes care of the children from the point of departure until the time the minor reaches his/her destination.
There are however some restrictions –
- Unaccompanied Minors cannot be booked in First or Business Class.
- Thus, If booked on a connecting flight, Unaccompanied Minors must arrive at their destination by 8 pm.
Hence, the pets can be checked as baggage or be shipped as cargo. To carry the pet as checked-baggage certain requirements have to be met
- Thus, one can only take domesticated animals
- Therefore, you are entering a country that allows the entry of animals as checked baggage
- Hence, the kennel should meet all requirements
- Also, your pet should also have all the necessary health documents that are needed by the destination
To know more about the pet policy and the fee structure associated with pets one can contact South African Airways Airline Helpline!
Seats and Classes at South African Airways
Also, this is the basic class where one can find comfortable and mediocre seats for good prices. This section is mainly for people who want to travel within a budget
Thus, this is a luxurious class. Here the seats are extremely comfortable and can recline to flat-beds. Thus, if one wants to travel in style – business class it is!
Solve All Travel Issues with South African Airways Airline Helpline
Thus, today travel is not only about seeking and availing cheap airline tickets, it is also about having an hassle-free journey! Thus, Airline Helpline helps to resolve all available issues like flight cancellations, seat up-gradation etc. Passengers can contact the airline Helpline platform and experience the best journey of their lives! We hope to see you in the near future.